Rural Community Building encourages readers to comment and engage in respectful conversation about the content posted here. We value thoughtful, polite and concise comments that reflect a variety of views. To achieve that, all comments will be moderated prior to posting.
We will do our best to moderate as carefully and consistently as possible. Moderators have the right to edit, shorten, move or delete any comment at any time. When similar comments and themes appear, representative posts will be made.
Every effort will be made to review and post comments within normal business hours. Some comments may be forwarded to other people within the American Farm Bureau Federation for follow-up as appropriate.
Any comments that contain profanity, vulgarity, threats, commercial promotion, or content generally not in line with our organizations philosophy, will not be published and will be immediately deleted.
Please refrain from posting full articles and publications from other sites, as it could be a violation of copyright or intellectual property laws. Comments containing full articles will not be approved, however, comments with links will be accepted.
Disclaimer for ruralcommunitybuilding.fb.org
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the blog located at ruralcommunitybuilding.fb.org (the “blog”). The blog is owned by the American Farm Bureau Federation (“AFBF”). We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display the blog and the materials provided hereon, provided that provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. Rights in the Content You Submit. Unless you specify otherwise, any and all works of authorship copyrightable by you and posted by you to this blog (“Content”) are submitted under a royalty free non-exclusive license by which you permit anyone to copy, distribute, display and perform your Content, on the condition that they credit your authorship each time they do so. You also permit others to distribute derivative works of your Content.
- Posting. We reserve the right to remove certain Content that you may post. As a general matter, you may post Content freely to this blog, so long as the Content is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable. You may not use the AFBF service mark to endorse or promote any product, opinion, cause or political view and/or candidate. Representation of your personal opinions as endorsed by AFBF is strictly prohibited. By posting Content to this blog, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that Content, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a protected fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the content you supply does not violate these Terms, and that you will indemnify and hold AFBF and this host harmless for any and all claims resulting from Content you supply. You acknowledge that AFBF shall have the right to remove in its sole discretion any Content that it considers to violate these Terms.
- Accessing. You understand that all Content posted to ruralcommunitybuilding.fb.org is the sole responsibility of the individual who originally posted the Content. You understand, also, that all opinions expressed by users of this site are expressed strictly in their individual capacities, and not necessarily the representatives of AFBF’s supported policies.
You agree that AFBF will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any Content posted on this site. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
- Children. Collecting personal information from children under the age of 18 is prohibited. No Content should be directed toward such children.
3. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. AFBF makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the site’s operation or the information, content or materials included on this site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, AFBF hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. AFBF will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site. AFBF expressly disclaims all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access this blog as a result of your use of this blog, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this blog.
USE OF THE BLOG IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE BLOG.
5. Copyright Notice. All materials and software published on or used on this blog are protected by copyright, and are owned, controlled by, or subsequently licensed to AFBF, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may download any downloadable materials displayed on the blog only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes, provided that the documents are not modified and provided you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material or if none, you include the following copyright notice in such downloaded materials:
©Copyright 2010 American Farm Bureau Federation. All rights reserved. All use subject to Terms and Conditions of Use set forth here.
6. Copyright Notification. AFBF respects the intellectual property rights of others. Upon proper notice, AFBF will remove user posted comments, posts, messages, or other submissions on or to the Blog that violate copyright law, or suspend access to this blog (or any portion thereof) to any user who repeatedly uses this blog in violation of copyright law.
AFBF has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send AFBF a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit AFBF to locate the material on this blog; (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit AFBF to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Please provide us with a notice that includes all of the above enumerated information (“Notice of Infringement”) and fax or mail it to:Thomas F. Casey Assistant General Counsel American Farm Bureau Federation® and Affiliated Companies 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W. Suite 1000W Washington, D.C. 20024 Facsimile: 202.406.3782
By submitting a Notice of Infringement, you acknowledge and agree that AFBF may forward your Notice of Infringement and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice. Please do not send notices or inquiries unrelated to alleged copyright infringement to AFBF’s designated agent listed above.
7. Service Mark Notice. “American Farm Bureau Federation®, FARM BUREAU®, FB®, and the FB National Logo (the “Farm Bureau Marks”) are federally registered service marks of AFBF and are protected by federal law. They may be used publicly only with express permission from AFBF. Fair use of the any of the Farm Bureau Marks requires proper acknowledgment. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
8. Links to Other Blogs, Websites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the blog that may be used to link to other blog(s) or websites. These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our blog visitors. AFBF has no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites. AFBF is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. AFBF reserves the right to terminate or remove any link at any time.
9. Prohibited Actions. You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the blog in any way. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the blog may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under Federal, State and local law. You may not use the blog for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the blog to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on the blog or to conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the blog. The blog is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 19. We reserve the right to limit or deny your access to the blog or take other appropriate action if you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or if you conduct any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity, or which we in our sole discretion deem unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive or potentially harmful or malicious.
10. Email May Not Be Used to Provide Notice. Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to AFBF or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to AFBF is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
11. Applicable Laws; Venue. AFBF operates the blog from its offices in Washington, DC and makes no representations that materials in the blog are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the blog alone does not subject AFBF to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the blog from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the blog from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the blog materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the blog or to the blog materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this blog shall be filed only in the appropriate court located within the District of Columbia. The access, viewing or use of this blog constitutes the user’s express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the District of Columbia for purposes of such actions.