Connecting the Nation through Connected Community Engagement
The United States now has 100 million more “connected devices” than it does citizens, and increasingly those who are not connected are being left behind. That is why we’ve been working with Connected Nation to help increase broadband adoption in rural America and encourage communities to get involved in their Connected Community Engagement Program. This program leads a community through an assessment of broadband access, adoption, and use which ultimately results in a tailored technology action plan that is easy to follow.
Rural businesses on the wrong side of the digital divide are at a disadvantage, and Connected Nation is committed to connecting more communities and bringing broadband to more businesses, homes, and schools. It won’t be easy as studies show that approximately 46% of rural Americans still do not have high-speed Internet at home.
But it’s not just rural America that needs help. Connected Nation’s studies paint a clear picture that those who are connected are reaping the benefits while those who are not are facing a steep climb. A few of Connected Nation’s recent studies show this trend clearly and we’d encourage you to check them out today:
- Iowa – Small Businesses: Using Broadband to Spur Iowa’s Economy
- Michigan – Mobile Broadband Usage in Michigan
- Minnesota – How Satisfied are Minnesotans with their Broadband Service?
- Minnesota Governor’s Broadband Taskforce releases 2012 Annual Report and Broadband Plan
- Nevada – The Power of Broadband: Boosting Nevada’s Education System
- South Carolina – Technology Adoption Among Agribusinesses and Rural Businesses
- Tennessee – Broadband: Transforming Tennessee’s Healthcare Sector
- Texas – Providing Learning Anywhere: K-12 Education in Texas
As you can see, there is a clear correlation between progress and broadband adoption and use. That is why bringing together local leaders, service providers, and community organizations to foster broadband growth is important for community development.
Want to get more involved? Join Connected Nation at one of these exciting upcoming events!
- Jan. 25, 2013 – Connect Ohio Technology Association meeting
- February 27, 2013 – Connected Tennessee Broadband Summit
- April 9, 2013 – Iowa Broadband Summit
- May 1, 2013 – Michigan Broadband Summit