The Alliance for Excellent Education is hosting a series of webinars in January with a focus on preparation for Digital Learning Day on February 6, 2013. Digital Learning Day is “a national campaign that celebrates teachers and shines a spotlight on successful instructional practice and effective use of technology in classrooms across the country.”
A short description of upcoming Alliance for Excellent Education webinars is below, with registration details for each. Please note that you will need to register for each webinar in which you intend to participate. I.E. You should complete five registration forms if you intend to participate in all five webinars.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2013: The Power of Digital Learning and How To Celebrate Digital Learning Day: Representatives from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and schools in Washington Township, New Jersey, will offer their perspectives on the power of digital learning and discuss how they plan to celebrate Digital Learning Day on February 6, 2013.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013: College and Career Readiness for All Youth: The Role of Businesses: Co-hosted by the Alliance for Excellent Education and the National Academy Foundation, this webinar will explore case studies demonstrating how businesses can ensure their engagement with educators leads to effective expanded learning time and opportunities for students and positive experiences for the partnering businesses.
- Monday, January 14, 2013: The Role of Business Leaders: Expanding Learning Opportunities Through Digital Learning: This webinar will examine how large and small businesses are capitalizing on expanding learning time and opportunities through digital learning to transform the educational experiences of youth.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2013: Implementing the Federal Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Program: Featuring state directors of comprehensive systems for birth-through-grade-twelve literacy development and education, this webinar will address local implementation and the essential elements that must be put in place to advance improvements in literacy instruction and achievement at the secondary school level.
- Thursday, January 17, 2013: Digital Learning Day Toolkits: Panelists will discuss the wide range of toolkits available for teachers to support participation before, during, and after Digital Learning Day, which will be held on February 6, 2013.
If you are unable to watch a webinar live, an archived version will be available at http://www.all4ed.org/webinars approximately one or two business days after it airs.